Sunday, July 06, 2008

Copyright & Tears


Currently I am developing curriculum, to create a 2-year program in a community college. I have great ideas to use articles, movies, etc. However I am hitting the wall of copyright issues.

My coworker Lora, point me to this website from Purdue University (http://www.copyright.iupui.edu/), which explains very well about the copyright issues especially for distance learning.

The director & creator or the site (Kenneth D. Crews) changed jobs and now is at Columbia University. However his legacy - despite the note in red in the home page - is still alive in the Purdue site. I'm glad that such a great job is still online. I am planning to buy his book.

Check the already praised website (I am creating this link to the page that contains a useful checklist to assess fair use. However, feel free to navigate it with the links located in the left side. You will probably like all the pages).

No comments: