Monday, June 29, 2009

Storytelling - Part 2 (Pecha Kucha)

The brother of my last boss used Pecha Kucha with his students. He passed the tip to my boss and he passed to me.

The concept was challenging, "convey your message in 20 images (slides) 20 seconds each, so your whole presentation will be 6 minutes and 40 seconds".

We tried the technique for a presentation to community college advisors about the Logistics & Supply Chain Management Career Field (I crafted the presentation and my boss was the presenter).

As the crafter of the presentation I have to admit that at some points was hard to come up with a visual that will convey the message, specially when i was not going to be the presenter (in fact in the revisions meetings we had some changes of images because my boss didn't agree with them). The presentation was a success! (you can see the ppt in my portfolio) We stand out because the content and also as a contrasting alternative to dry full of text PowerPoint slides.

We plan to use this technique as often as possible.

Here is my favorite Pecha Kucha explanation video:

No comments: